Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A few things you didn't know...

1. I have not been bitten by any mosquitos - no malaria - YAY!
2. It has rained everyday
3. Flying ants are actually termites. They land, shed their wings, mate, and eat things. Kenyans will fry and use them as a garnish - taste like bacon
4. I have NOT eaten these termintes
5. I've tried both Papaya and Passion Fruit for the first time. LOVE PASSION FRUIT!
6. There are 4 million people in Nairobi
7. When the bank brings money into the mall, they are followed by men with large guns
8. They all think my name is Britania- which is a Small, Sweet Buscuit/Cookie here  HAHA
9. EVERYONE in Kenya knows Marilyn :)  "hello mahmah..."
10. The rain stopped, its sunny now
11. I met a child wearing TOMS shoes yesterday - Hers were donated. We have a picture in our TOMS together
12. I've eaten raw vegetables here and not died
13. I have a headache from consuming too much coffee. I canNOT keep up with Marilyn, I had to switch to tea the 2nd day
14. I'm learning Kiswahili/teaching Japanese hehehe
15. In traffic there are vendors who walk around with the most random items while trying to sell it

And last thing for today:

16. I've taken fewer than 150 photos. SHOCKING right?!?!?!  :D

.::Kenya's Calling::.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! That is sooooo awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you found kids really wearing TOMS -- like ... WOW! Love it. Girl, get to takin MORE PIX!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You now have a new nickname...Britania! I like it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete